By Using Modular to Solve Construction Challenges, Mountaintop Hotel Opens Three Months Early
A short building season, few qualified crews and a hard-to-reach mountain setting posed challenges to the developer. Genesis modular construction helped overcome these obstacles while accelerating the building of this 48-room resort hotel by three months over site-built methods. PROJECT SCOPE
- Modular units flank a site-constructed central lobby
- 48 hotel units of which two are Genesis-designed handicap units
- Genesis crews provided factory construction and site installation
- 30-day construction schedule met
Overcome a difficult-to-reach setting, 8,700 feet above sea level, and local skilled labor shortage to complete mountaintop hotel units before fast-approaching winter halted construction. SOLUTION
- Champion in-plant modular construction eliminated the need to have building materials delivered to the hard-to-reach site.
- Champion's own crews installed and weather-sealed units on site in only 15 days.
- Time between start of construction in the plant to on-site installation was only 30 days.
- Hotel units were weather-tight before onset of winter